For all one of my readers that faithfully listens to This American Life (TAL) on NPR, TAL is now available as a podcast! I’m pretty pscyhed because I usually only happen to catch snippets of it while I’m running around doing Saturday morning runs to Home Depot and the grocery store.
Other favorite NPR shows (dorky, I know…):
- Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz - acclaimed artists and up-and-coming performers as they share music and memories with their legendary host, Marian McPartland.
- Car Talk - The “Tappett Brothers” diagnose your car over the phone…and make fun of you.
- A Prairie Home Companion - Something of a live stand-up comedy show.
- Michael Feldman’s Whad’Ya Know? - Another fun quiz show with celebrity guests.
- Wait Wait – Don’t Tell Me! - Fun news quiz show.
- Jazz with Dick Buckley - plays rare recordings and shares his personal stories of the greats of jazz.
That’s the short list. Most of these are on Saturday and Sunday mornings/early afternoon and it’s a favorite tradition of mine to make a purpose to be either in my car or in bed when these come on so I can thoroughly enjoy them.