So I’ve spent the entire week trying to get Prelude-IDS installed on my Solaris box without much success. Now this could be a result of a couple things - 1. the slightly old build of Solaris 9 I have installed on the box or 2. my complete inadequacy with Solaris…which is probably the primary issue. It took me about three days to figure out how to get libprelude installed including figuring out how to get gcc installed, figuring out pkgadd and pkg-get, and getting lost with crle. I’d post more details if I had been more successful, but I’ve hit a wall trying to install libpreludedb.
Maybe I’ll just install those components on my old linux web server that isn’t doing much these days…oy.