As I mentioned, I’m making a road trip out of moving to Seattle. It won’t be too bad, except for the last day which I’m planning to be a little bit of a long haul. To prepare for this, I have several methods:
- Caffeinated beverages and the like…but these usually don’t do much for me.
- Sunflower seeds - Munching on these keeps me very alert for some reason.
- A CB Radio for chatting with 18-wheelers. ;)
- A DC to AC power inverter so I can call long-lost friends in the middle of the night.
- Hours and hours of podcasts for my listening pleasure and mental stimulation.
To go along with #4, I’ve been exploring the iTunes Podcast directory and came across these awesome UC Berkley lecture podcasts, such as Human Emotion, Social and General Psychology, and more. How cool is that? I can sit there in my car and listen to instructors talk about anything from psychology, to early European history, to statistics and physics (although the latter two might be a little boring for me). I’m sure the psych ones won’t keep my attention for hours straight, so I’ve also got a good mix of comedy and NPR.